Hit It Big and Easy! Top 15 Best Volleyball Shoes for Hitters
Have you noticed one thing? Your arms and shoulders are in their maximum activity state when you’re playing volleyball. You’re always moving suddenly and jumping repetitively, a throw here, and a receive there inside the volleyball court.
But what you probably didn’t notice is that as much pressure as it puts on your upper body, your legs, ankles, and feet, aka the lower body, are also under tremendous pressure throughout the game. Hence, as a devoted attacker, you would think of getting the best volleyball shoes designed for hitters in order to make sure that your legs keep up all the good work.
To save you the time of research, we found out 15 of the best ones out there and checked them against their traction, durability, cushion, and comfort (which keep your feet okay during playing), among other factors so that you can find the best pair of volleyball shoes. Let’s check them out!
Top 15 best volleyball shoes for hitters 2021 reviews
Here are our 12 picks for you:
15. ASICS-Gel Sensei 5 Women's Volleyball Shoes- Best Durable Volleyball Shoes for Hitters
Doesn’t the name carry the oomph? These shoes are designed mainly for women hitters in volleyball; this is an ASICS cult favorite and for this reason this is one of the best women’s volleyball shoes. Known for the arch support that it can offer and for its durability, these shoes will last you a season or more unless you grow to bigger sizes. But what’s so special about these?
The product specifications include:
- Volleyball shoes asics women’s synthetic-material based body and construction.
- A rubber sole.
- Low-to top measuring shafts from the arc.
- An ankle-high sneaker made especially for women.
So, why did we like this model? For its durability and sturdiness. Here’s more on it:
- Great in terms of offering flexibility, support and stability, thanks to the rubber sole.
- Sturdy construction.
- Designed well in terms of outlook and color, has a very modern look.
- Very durable.
- Extraordinarily comfortable and snug.
- The leather around the toe offers excellent support from broken fingers.
- Will require you to give it a break-in time.
- Can’t be used for everyday walking.
14. Adidas Performance Ligra 4 Men's Volleyball Shoes
You would think Adidas does only football shoes best. Wait, Adidas has some good work in volleyball footwear now a days. But after reading quite a lot of Adidas volleyball shoe reviews and asking friends who have tried them on, we believe they are some dope manufacturer when it comes to even volleyball. What were we even thinking, doubting the performance quality of Adidas? We just wanted to make sure that you get the right ones! All things aside, this is one of the best college volleyball shoes for hitters out there.
The pair features:
- A synthetic material construction and rubber soles.
- Mesh upper and mesh linings that allow ventilation to the players when playing.
- Strategic support through synthetic overlays.
- Durability from the outsole ADIWEAR.
- Non-marking soles.
We loved the pair for impressive features, excellent materials, and brand value.
- Great design and colors.
- Stable court shoes.
- Perfect for indoor court players due to the non-marking feature.
- Extremely padded and hence comfortable.
- Great fit.
- Enhanced traction.
- Satisfies picky shoe-lovers.
- Light and easy to play with.
13. Adidas Performance Response 2 Volleyball Shoes Women's
Did you think Adidas makes only good sports shoes for men? Think again. These women’s shoes are proof of how good they are in making volleyball shoes for women, too. This shoe is particularly designed for women hitters (watch how it is named Response, to let you respond better to throws, duh).
Let’s see all the good features it has:
- Based on textiles and synthetic, these shoes are performance enhancers that are not illegal.
- Imported shoes.
- Features a rubber sole that allows a good grip.
- Designed especially for women.
- The energy-reboot feature gives you power when you are hitting with the boost forefoot component.
- Breathable upper with perforations.
- ADIWEAR outsole.
- Offers great midfoot integrity.
- Powerful torsion system.
Why do we like it? For the boosting component that is unique to the shoe.
- Ensures happy toes that aren’t bruised with the game.
- Allows you to launch higher than your opponent and even teammates.
- Lightweight model.
- Breathable and comfortable.
- Keeps your feet cool.
- Ensures stability and balance.
- Not as durable as you would like.
12. Nike Air Zoom Hyperace Women's Shoes
Nike has been known worldwide to make excellent sports shoes. You may have seen male football players modeling for the boots and the hype that surrounds the release of these shoes. Is Nike equally able to make good shoes for women? Let’s see the case with these basketball shoes designed to be one of the best nike volleyball shoes for hitters.
Here are the shoes features:
- This nike volleyball shoe has rubber sole construction.
- Mesh upper for breathability.
- Durable heel cage for support.
- A foam midsole for cushioning from Nike Zoom Air.
- Response cushioning that allows you to create a better hit by letting you bounce on your feet.
Why do we like this? Great for indoor games and offers one of the best cushioning to the feet.
- Stability in the support.
- Keeps feet cool in the heating game-time.
- Nike Zoom Air allows a lot of cushioning.
- Great for slim feet.
- Not for wide feet.
11.Nike RN Flyknit Running Men's Shoes
Here is one from Nike for the men. Let’s see if they make volleyball shoes as good as they make boots and turfs for our footballer fellowmen.
Here are the prominent features from it:
- Textile-made shoes are featuring a rubber sole.
- Dual-density midsole.
- Flyknit upper for stretchability.
- A dynamic heel mechanism for adapting quick movement of your feet and sticking to your heels.
- The shaft is three inches from the arch position.
- Tris-star outsole.
- Flywire technology that supports midfoot.
- Enhanced Traction in toe and heel area maintained by adding textures.
Why do we love it? Let’s see how many areas it focused on: it kept proper attention to heel, midfoot, toe, and the arches. Need we say more?
- Allows more stretch than any other.
- Provides an adaptive fit.
- Lessened abrasion in toe and heel area.
- Smoothest and most comfortable game giver.
- Supportive as well as dynamic.
- Has sizing issues since so stretchy.
10. Wave Hurricane 3 Women's Shoes By Mizuno
Tying up quality with performance is one of Mizuno’s great moves when it comes to shoemaking. Has it been able to transfer that to the Wave Hurricane 3 designed for our female hitters in volleyball.
Let’s take a look at their features to find why they are one of the best volleyball shoes for hitters:
- Has a synthetic body and sole construction.
- Features a parallel wave plate known for excellent shock-absorption.
- The non-marking outsole makes it great for indoor playing.
- Has a Dynamotion fit, the technology that curves with the movement of your feet.
- Available in multiple fits and sizes.
Why do we like this so much? Because with the affordability, it gives you big things like lateral stability and quick movement assurance.
- Provides stability.
- Absorbs shock and impact well.
- Allows you to move fast in the game.
- Excellent cushioning on the heels.
- Non-removable insole so you can’t change it.
9. Mizuno Wave Bolt 6 Volleyball Shoes for Women
The Bolt 6 series of Mizuno is similar to the offerings from the Wave Lightning series of Mizuno. The only significant difference comes from the fact that this is stiffer. So if you want something more study instead of cloudy feet feeling, you can go for ones from the Wave series like the model 6 one designed for women.
Here are its most notable features:
- Made of a synthetic sole.
- Shaft measures low to top from the arch.
- Has a parallel wave plate.
- Dynamotion fit that adapts to the movement of the feet and snugly hugs your feet.
- And lastly; Mizuno women’s wave shoe has non-marking outsole made especially for playing indoors that won’t harm the court.
Why do we love this one? For the lateral stability offered by the parallel wave plates that are so unique.
- No dealing with shocks when you jump.
- Extremely comfortable using them.
- Great traction indoors so great for playing tough games.
- Excellent flexibility. Easy to break in.
- Great arch support.
- Narrow toe box.
8. Mizuno Wave Bolt 5 Women's Volleyball Shoes
If the price is not much of an issue with you and you are looking for something along the Mizuno lines, here’s a catch for you. It combines both technology and craftsmanship with what volleyball hitter seeks the most. For avid volleyball players that have larger feet than usual, this can be a good one.
The following features make it unique:
- Mizuno women’s wave shoe has synthetic construction with a rubber sole.
- Parallel wave technology that disperses shock when you are in the game.
- Extra grade gum rubber for a better grip.
- Outsole for enhanced agility.
- Non-marking outsole.
- Dynamotion groove for better flexibility.
- Dynamotion fit for a better fit.
What makes this one of the best volleyball shoes for hitting? For the fit and flexibility offered by the pair.
- High traction and better grip.
- Better shock absorption.
- Is floor-safe.
- Minimizes foot instability.
- Snug and comfortable on the feet.
- Has sizing issues.
7. ASICS Women's Gel Rocket 7
These are the best shoes for ASICS made for volleyball hitters that can be used to play Squash.
But what makes them such excellent Squash shoes?
- A bouncy rubber sole that allows high shots.
- A Trusstic System reduces the weight of the shoes but does not degrade the quality.
- More rubber content in the outsole for better traction.
- Forefoot gel cushioning system
Why do we love these? For the Trusstic system and gel technology of ASICS make this a perfect volleyball shoe, that makes such a lasting impression!
- Great for making high shots because the shoes allow you to bounce.
- This volleyball shoe can help you move comfortably.
- Asics women’s gel rocket shoes are lightweight and easy to play games with.
- Durable as long as a season or more.
- Volleyball shoes asics lets you play faster on the court.
- Great grip.
- Has sizing issues.
6. Adidas Performance Ligra 6 Volleyball Shoe
Women’s Ligra 6 from Adidas volleyball shoe is a great one given who it is coming from and how much it is taking off your pockets. If you want something that meets your budget and is Adidas, as a woman hitter, go for it girls! This is particularly great for indoor sports.
Why? Let’s take a look of the shoes feature:
- Breathable mesh is upper.
- Supportive synthetic leather overlays.
- Cushioned midsole.
- ADIWEAR outsole, as seen in all Adidas volley shoes.
- Mesh lining for a flexible fit on the feet.
Why do we love it? It is Adidas volleyball shoes in a budget for all the women hitters.
- Lightweight and easy to play with.
- You will have a great grip with this volleyball shoe.
- A much supported shoe.
- Can be used to play other indoor games comfortably.
- Makes impact-bearing easier.
- Needs break-in time.
- Not the best when it comes to durability.
5. Mizuno Wave Lightning Women's Shoes
The Lightning Wave series of Mizuno is a fan favorite to female volleyball players.
The reasons for that are the following features:
- Rubber sole and synthetic nylon construction.
- EVA midsole for the cushioning.
- Extra-grade gum rubber for high traction.
- Non-marking outsole.
What is the reason for picking this? For its high shock-absorption ability and flexibility.
- Made especially for bearing impact when users and players jump or are in high-activity.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Offer excellent traction on the floor when playing indoor volleyball.
- You won’t lose your foot or slip when playing with these.
- No worry of scuffing.
- Increases flexibility.
- Decreasing instability.
- May be smaller or narrower than you are used to wearing.
4. Best For Hitters: Gel Nimbus 20 From The Great ASICS
Known for its smoothness and comfort-generating wear, the Nimbus 20 from ASICS is quite a shoe for women hitters.
It is packed with some excellent features such as the following:
- Revolutionary FLYTEFOAM cushioning. This makes the volleyball shoe lightweight and makes sure that you are comfortable wearing it.
- FLUIDRIDE midsole allows everyday neutral runners to use the shoe other than for volleyball.
- FLUIDFIT upper made of jacquard mesh that adapts to the movement of your foot.
- Volleyball shoes asics has 3D-printed overlays for support.
- Gel cushioning on both sides to ensure maximum comfort by using gel cushioning system.
Why are these the best volleyball shoes for hitters? For supination and for those people who have high arches, these shoes are a blessing.
- Excellent responsiveness.
- Great to absorb shock impact.
- Allows you to move in different planes and axes.
- Ensures glove-like snug fit.
- Adapts to your movements.
- Provides improved support.
- Volleyball shoes asics has a larger toebox and greater cushioning than its predecessors.
- This volleyball shoe may feel tight to some users.
Our top 3 picks:
3. Best Overall: Gel Rocket 9 By Asics
Overall, considering every possibility ever while being realistic, we would recommend this particular model from ASICS for all our male readers today. If you are a volleyball hitter, this is the thing to get before your next season. Whether you are a large player or a skinny one, if you are getting right on your size, the only things that can impress you are these commendable features.
- Asics gel rocket 9 volleyball shoes are lightweight shoes.
- Mesh upper for breathability.
- Synthetic overlays for structured support.
- Foam-padded tongue ensures comfort from all sides, not just the bottom and laterals.
- Forefoot and rear Gel cushioning system for the ultimate comfort.
- Trusstic System Technology for weight reduction of the shoe.
- Rubber and gum rubber outsole for the maximum grip.
Why do we love it so much? This makes sure that you are not breaking the bank and are getting every useful feature that you can expect, ever.
- Foam-padded on all sides.
- Offers great support and balances.
- Excellent traction and grip, allows indoor games without taking a toll on your feet.
- Provides shock-absorption during jumping.
- This volleyball shoe has well-secured soles.
- Not washer-friendly, so only hand-washing is allowed.
2. Best for the Money: Mizuno Wave Lightning Z
It’s been a hundred years now that Mizuno is making shoes, but do you see them going down?
You probably never will, with the amount of effort they give in shoemaking. For the best Mizuno volleyball shoes for women hitters, this is one that pays off the exact value that it charges you. How did we measure the value?
With these features:
- A synthetic construction featuring sole of rubber.
- Shaft measures low to top from the arch.
- Waxed overlays for support.
- A parallel Wave construction to evenly distribute shock and impact as you move rapidly and randomly.
- This is a lightweight shoe.
- Flex grooves provide great agility.
- XG rubber/ Gum rubber allows a better grip on court surfaces.
- Dura-Shield toe guard.
Why do we love it? For its pressure reduction capability when it comes to lateral movements. Also, for the following:
- High traction grip from the XG rubber soles.
- No sweating in the feet.
- Insoles prevent rolling, so anti-slip.
- Great with any court surfaces.
- Are durable.
- Might feel a little tight.
1.Best Cheap:Gel Netburner Ballistic Shoes By Asics
You would think that we recommended one for the lads and one for the lasses, why one more for the women?
Relax, guys, we believe in equality too! This volleyball shoe, although designed for women, can be worn by men too. So this is sort of a unisex shoe that you can buy for both yourself and your partner. Whether it is a game you’re playing with your BFF or a friendly match with your nemesis, here’s the right unisex shoe that offers some great features:
- Asics netburner ballistic shoe has synthetic construction featuring a rubber sole.
- Shaft measures are low to top.
- Has an NC rubber outsole which is different from all the other outsoles featuring only rubber. It has more natural rubber content and hence increases the traction in courts.
- Gel cushioning system in rearfoot and forefoot.
- Fluid ride midsole that allows you to bounce back.
Why do we love it? For its versatility, shock absorption, and bouncy feature.
- Not too narrow, so those with large feet can wear it also.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Better landings for the gel technology.
- This volleyball shoe has a great fitting.
- Need a good break-in time.
If you are new in the world of volleyball shoe you might see all athletic shoe are same. You can follow this guide to check against possible volleyball shoes that you intend to invest in:
The last thing that you want in the game is your shoes frustrating and annoying you more than your opponent team. So the first thing you need to keep in mind about your volleyball shoe, or any shoe for that matter, is that it wears comfortably on your feet. A very punk, cool-designed model in a shoe, doesn’t help if it can’t cushion your feet. And comfortable shoes don’t mean ugly shoes too. So yes, make sure that you get your right size when making a purchase.
And remember, if you are playing with an uncomfortable shoes inside the volleyball court, there’s a possibility of an injury!
For some, durability is a big issue, while others may care less about it. If you’re one of us who will not be investing in volley shoes for a long time after this once, durability will matter to you too. Something that lasts for a season till the third is a good one to invest in. A shoe that is more durable will translate to better grip and performance too.
Grip and Traction
You will get rubber soles in most shoes. If you are not getting rubber soles in your one, chances are the grip will not be so good. Another good thing about a sole that has a rubber grip is that it helps you in terms of grip and helps the court. It won’t chew off the court and its mud/grass/dirt or whatever there is. It will be both court-friendly and damage-to-court friendly.
Also, volleyball requires you to give a lot of effort when you’re playing. A lot of movement is involved; you have to be sometimes offensive and sometimes play in the defense. So there are chances for you to slip and lose your grip. A shoe that provides excellent traction will save you from sliding and falling.
Your ankles suffer a lot if you don’t get yourself stable shoes and you will not get ankle support. In this case, durable shoes are incredibly essential in the game to save you from twisting your ankle and resulting in a sprain. It is imperative that you get shoes with a high ankle support and lateral support.
The shoe design should be such that it has abilities to absorb shocks and is lightweight when it comes to performing. The absorption abilities can come from compression-molded EVA insoles. This insole will help you from getting hurt.
The shoe’s upper part should keep your feet a lot of ventilation, and hence, being made of the mesh should be enough. This is particularly excellent if you are buying shoes that will need to last a day-long match. This will also save you from having athlete’s foot or other concerns.
Other than the materials of insole and outsole, you will also need to pay attention to the weight of the shoe. Different materials add different weights to shoes; hence you should pay attention to all the material that goes into making the shoe, starting right from the tongue to the sole.
If you are buying from stores, wearing the shoe, raising your feet, and trying it out will save you a lot of time and free you from the hassle of doing all the material inspection. Jumping in heavy shoes make your feet swell up after the game. So get shoes that are snug, not tight in design.
Question: Which one is better for volleyball, Asics or Mizuno?
Answer: The comparison of ASICS and Mizuno would be like comparing apples and oranges. If you are a sweaty person that pays a lot of attention to feet breathability during the game, ASIC designs the best mesh models. On the other hand, if you think you won’t be investing in a volleyball that lasts you years, go for Mizuno shoes made with a leather feature.
Question: Can you play volleyball wearing your running shoes?
Answer: If you’re a beginner and learner, you could try. But it lacks traction.
Question: What is considered the best shoe to play volleyball?
Answer: Mizuno or ASICS.
Question: What kind of shoes do professional volleyball players wear?
Answer: Usually high-end Adidas.
Question: What type of shoe makes the best one for volleyball?
Answer: The comfortable shoes have excellent traction, and durability makes the best buys. Also, check out our recommendations!
Question: Do you really need separate volleyball shoes?
Answer: Volleyball shoes are designed such that they can beat all the jumping and impact-bearing. It needs to allow movement and be lightweight. Most regular shoes can’t withstand this, and hence, you would be better off buying one.
Question: Are Kyries a good one for volleyball?
Answer: Yes. Kyries is a good-performing shoe, given that it can provide a lot of traction, which is particularly needed for setters in the game.
To Sum Up
Hopefully, you’re now clear that the best volleyball shoes for hitters can actually increase your performance in the volleyball court. If you are deeply enthusiastic about getting better at volleyball, you can always practice. But practicing without the right gear is fruitless.
This is why, to improve your hitting and to set the game, we would recommend you to invest in any volleyball suited for your position and watch things get better and more comfortable!
Do you want to know more about volleyball shoes? Here is our another researched article about best volleyball shoes for liberos. Lets check it out.