Volleyball is one of my favorite sports. It allows you to move your whole body, which makes for a great exercise. It also improves your focus and tactical skills, which makes it a fun brain activity as well. And finally, it greatly improves your sportsmanship and teamwork, thereby also improving your social skills.
To make the experience more fun, I recommend investing in a great pair of volleyball shoes. But with the many options out there, I understand that buying one can be more of a chore.
And that’s why I decided to write this article for you. Here, I’m giving you honest reviews of the best volleyball shoes for men, along with a buyer’s guide to give you more information. I’ve also answered some of the frequently asked questions regarding volleyball shoes, so you can say that this will be quite comprehensive.
Top 10 Best Volleyball Shoes For Men in 2020 Reviews
Asics Men’s Upcourt 3 Volleyball Shoes
- It is affordable.
- It is perfect for beginners.
It is not very durable.
Asics Men’s Gel-Tactic 2 Training Shoes
- It offers the best value for money.
- Its gradient design is very stylish.
- It offers amazing support and stability.
Some users with bigger ankles comment that the walls around the ankle area can be a little stiff.
Asics Men’s Upcourt 2 Volleyball Shoe
- This pair is incredibly affordable, considering its traction, support, and comfort.
- It has a simple design that’s not too distracting for you, your teammate and your opponent.
- Some users report that it offers complete ankle support.
It is not very durable.
Adidas Men’s Stabil Bounce Volleyball Shoe
- It offers great value for money.
- The simple design is easy to pair with and is not very distracting in court.
- It is highly durable, comfortable, and offers great traction.
Some users note that the sole is not very flexible.
Adidas Men’s Stabil X Volleyball Shoe
- Most users praise the feel and fit of this shoe.
- It has great traction and rebound.
- It offers great value for money.
Some users note that although it is lightweight, it feels a little bulky when worn.
Adidas Men’s Stabil X Mid Volleyball Shoe
- It is great for beginners and professionals alike.
- It offers great stability and has a strong grip.
- A lot of users love the feel of this shoe.
- As of the time of writing, there are no negative reviews for this product.
Under Armour Men’s Highlight Ace 2.0 Volleyball Shoe
- It is very durable.
- It feels very comfortable and lightweight.
- It offers great traction.
- It comes with a steep price tag.
- The opening of this shoe is too narrow, so people with wider feet report problems about putting it on.
Bronax Men’s High Energizing Cushioning Sneakers
- It is one of the cheapest volleyball shoes for men for 2020.
- It lives up to its name and provides us with foot-hugging all-day comfort.
- It is lightweight.
Some users report that this shoe is a little tight-fitting for them.
Kvovzo Men’s Running Shoes
- It is very affordable.
- Aside from using it for volleyball, you can also use this for running, tennis, badminton, gym workouts and other similar sports.
- It is very lightweight and comfortable.
- It is not very durable.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 8 Volleyball Shoe
- It offers good value for money.
- It is comfortable and lightweight.
- It has the best traction and stability.
Some users note that the shoe is too narrow for them.
Benefits of Volleyball Shoes
Playing volleyball requires players to be quick on their feet to ensure a win. This means that they have to wear something that boosts their agility while still minimizing slips – especially if they’re playing on smooth wooden floors. This is the reason why we have to wear specific shoes for volleyball.
- Winning the Game. The primary benefit of owning a pair of volleyball shoes is that it increases your chance of winning the game. These volleyball shoes are specially designed with the movements of volleyball players in mind, so you know that it will help you run fast and jump high.
- Comfort. Like all sports, volleyball is a game that requires you to move swiftly and make sure that you land safely on your feet. If you’re using the wrong pair of shoes, it’s so easy to end up with a sprained ankle or blistered feet. This is why volleyball shoes have extra cushioning to make you feel comfortable throughout your game.
Saves You Money. Getting yourself a pair of volleyball shoes is a great investment. Since you’re using a pair that’s meant for playing volleyball, it’s guaranteed to last a long time even if you keep playing daily. This saves you a lot of money from having to buy a new pair of cheap running shoes ever so often.
Things to Consider When Purchasing The Best Volleyball Shoes For Men
After you’ve gone through our reviews, I’m sure you already have a few pairs in mind that you are considering to buy. To help you narrow down your choices, here are some of the things you have to consider when purchasing the best volleyball shoes for you.
- Weight. The most important factor to consider is how lightweight the shoes are. You have to run around the court and jump whenever you have to spike, and this requires a nice lightweight pair of shoes to improve your performance.
With that in mind, you don’t want a shoe that has very heavy soles – that can easily limit your jumping and hurt you in the long run.
- Floor Grip. The second factor that you have to consider is how the outsoles can grip the floor. Shoes with amazing traction allow you to move faster, and this can easily help you in winning the game. Additionally, it prevents you from slipping, which effectively reduces the risk of injuries and accidents. Some outsoles also offer shock absorption, and that’s something I highly recommend.
- Anti-Slip. Aside from the grip on the floor, the inside of your shoe should also prevent your feet from slipping. As a tip, go for shoes with insoles that mold into the shape of your feet for a better hold over your feet. I also advise looking for shoes using breathable material so that the insides remain dry even when you’re sweating it out from a tight game.
Comfort. And finally, you shouldn’t compromise on comfort. I highly advise getting one that has padded cushions that are still breathable. I recommend getting those with breathable knit or mesh materials, especially those with deodorizing properties – not only are they comfortable, but also very hygienic.
What are the best shoes for men’s volleyball?
For me, the best shoes for men’s volleyball is a close fight between the Asics Men’s Gel-Rocket 9, the Under Armour Men’s Ua Block City 2.0, and the Asics Men’s Sky Elite FF MT. All of these shoes offer great traction and stability while leaving your feet feeling comfortable. These factors greatly increase your chances of winning while still feel comfortable enough to enjoy your game.
Can I wear running shoes for volleyball?
If you don’t have the time to buy volleyball shoes but own a pair of running shoes, then you can use it as an alternative. They’re both lightweight and offer great traction to boost your speed, so I think you can use it when you can’t be bothered to buy specific shoes for volleyball. Nevertheless, I still recommend buying volleyball shoes because they’re usually more durable than running shoes.
What is the difference between volleyball shoes and regular shoes?
Volleyball shoes are designed with the movements of volleyball players in mind, so they’re usually more lightweight than regular shoes. They also have a better grip over the floor, since some volleyball tournaments are made indoors where the floor is usually very smooth.
And finally, volleyball shoes have foot-embracing cushioning because they have to provide your feet with enough support to make landings more comfortable. You don’t usually have that much cushioning when it comes to regular shoes.
How often should you get new volleyball shoes?
The answer to this problem greatly depends on how frequent you play volleyball. As a guide, if you’re a more frequent player, a good pair of volleyball shoes could last you for a few months to a full season. But if you’re a more casual player, your volleyball shoes could last more than a year, provided that you give it the proper care. You can buy new ones once they’re worn out.
Looking for the best volleyball shoes for men can be quite confusing. This is because you are given a lot of sports shoes to choose from and all the features look the same for you. Looking through the different options can also be quite a chore, especially if you’re not a fan of shopping.
Fortunately, this guide can help you narrow down your choices without actually having to try them on yourself individually. And this saves you a lot of time and effort.
As you look for the best volleyball shoes for you, keep in mind that you’re looking for three important factors: its lightweight, comfortable, anti-slip, and amazing grip on the floor. And if you still can’t decide, you can always try any of our top picks.
If you like nike, you can take a look on our nike volleyball shoes review.