Best 5 Molten Volleyball Reviews (Our Unbiased Review in 2021)
Volleyball is one popular team sport, it’s played in a lot of countries and even the ones who are usually dominated by basketball, soccer and baseball are now getting into this game.
It’s only natural that gears, apparels and different merchandise for volleyball are now popping up like mushrooms as it’s really in demand.
Molten has long been a brand that is famous for its volleyball merchandise and gears. It also carries goods for football, basketball, dodge ball and handball but so far its name has been closely associated with volleyball and that is why our molten volleyball reviews helps you to find the best molten volleyball.
Here are our molten volleyball reviews:
1. Molten VBU12 Light Volleyball
- Dimensions: 10 x 10 x 10 inches; 3 lbs.
- Color: Royal, Silver, White
- Size is for Under 12 years old
- Soft, microfiber made composite outer layer
- Perfect for indoor use for training
- Lightweight, soft touch and feel
The Molten VBU12 Light Volleyball is the perfect volleyball for training. Perfectly suited for your kids under 12 years old who are getting serious about playing the sport. It will maximize their time during practice as it’s not too hard and heavy for long intense trainings before they play with the standard sized volleyballs.
This volleyball is USYVL (United Stated Youth Volleyball) approved as well as the official volleyball of USA volleyball. With the right size but lightweight it is the perfect training wheels for your young ones if they want to pursue volleyball further than just a playground sport.
– Great construction, very durable
– Soft touch on the outer layer
– Durable, can handle the wear and tear of intense training
– Best for kids 12 under
– Not for competitions
– Unofficial ball
– Not very versatile (indoors only)
2. Molten MS240-3 Light Touch Volleyball, Red/White/Blue
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 6.1 x 5.7 inches; 8 oz.
- Color: Red, White, Blue
- Best for kids under 12 years old
- Super soft polyurethane outer layer
- Can be used indoor and outdoor
- Lightweight, soft touch and feel
- Machine stitched
The Molten MS240-3 Light Touch Volleyball is very versatile indoor / outdoor ball that’s highly recommended for beginners specifically those under 12 years old.
It is lightweight and just enough size to make sure it can be handled by young athletes and that it shouldn’t be too hard on their arms. It’s also designed to handle a lot of the elements that it may come in contact with when used outdoors. Rain, dirt, and sand you name it.
– Great construction, very durable
– Very soft touch and feel
– Perfect for beginners and kids under 12 years of age
– Great color for high visibility when playing outdoors or in low light conditions
– For training only
– Not for high level of competitions
– May not be able to withstand heavy usage
3. Molten Recreational Volleyball
- Dimensions: 6 x 4 x 6 inches; 9 oz.
- Color: Orange, White
- Cheap recreational volleyball
- Ultra soft polyurethane outer layer
- Versatile indoor and outdoor construction
- Official size and weight
- Machine stitched
The Molten Recreational Volleyball is a non-premium but high quality volleyball. It is lightweight and has a super soft outer layer perfect for those fun games under the sun.
It is also very versatile as it can be used indoors and outdoors, meaning it can handle any elements that it may come in contact with. It is perfect for those vacation or beach trips where you want to spend that afternoon playing with friends and loved ones.
It comes in multiple fun colors too.
– Cheap, good price
– Soft touch and feel
– Great construction for the bladder ad outer layer
– Perfect for out of town fun volleyball games
– For recreational use only
– Not for standard volleyball competitions
– Medium quality
4. Molten Premium Competition L2 Volleyball, NFHS Approved
- Dimensions: 10 x 10 x 10 inches; 9.6 oz. (shipping weight)
- Color: Black, Silver, White
- NFHS approved
- Uni bladder cotton wrapped construction
- Microfiber composite cover
- Indoor used
- Competition size and weight
The Molten Premium Competition L2 Volleyball, NFHS Approved is a go to volleyball for official competitions or volleyball games of any level. Comes from Molten’s best-selling L2 series.
It’s a great volleyball of very high quality widely used for educational purposes and for school competitions. Very durable and very soft touch and feel with great air retention capability because of the advanced bladder technology.
– High quality
– NFHS approved
– Can take the wear and tear of competitions plays
– Great for training as well
– Great for ball control
– Great replica for the leather one
– Can be hard on the outer layer at times
5. Molten Super Touch Volleyball
- Dimensions: 10 x 10 x 10 inches; 8.8 oz. (shipping weight)
- Color: Red, Silver, white
- NFHS endorsed and approved
- Official weight and size
- Premium leather cover (Japanese)
- Uni-bladder on a cotton wrapped construction
- Perfect for the indoors
The Molten Super Touch Volleyball is one of the top volleyball for indoor competitions. It is NFHS approved which regulates volleyball games played on the high school level.
It is perfect for practice, perfect for the youth while they hone their skills for big competitions. If your kid is getting serious then this is the volleyball for you. Highly recommended by coaches and educators alike.
– Very durable
– Great design
– For competitions at all levels
– Great air retention
– Great touch and soft feel
– Not as good as the premium quality volleyballs
Molten Company Profile
Molten is a sports equipment and at the same time an automotive parts company. The company is based in Hiroshima Japan.
The company has long been known as a manufacturer in a variety of sports, especially team sports. Some of their products in their massive portfolio are gears, sporting goods, and apparel in American football, association football, dodge ball, handball, basketball and volleyball.
Molten basketballs are notable for being the go to brand of FIBA (world governing body for basketball) competitions. Also, Molten produces the official volleyballs for top level championships in the world.
Molten will also now supply the AFC or the Asian Football Confederation for club and national team tournaments further solidifying their grasp on the sporting field. Not only that, they also took over from Adidas, another top brand, for the UEFA Europa League which is really saying a lot.
With this and their vast portfolio in sports you can never go wrong with a top brand like Molten for all your sporting goods necessities and also for this cause we have spent 20+ hours of research to make molten volleyball reviews.
Volleyball Buyer’s Guide
“Molten Volleyball Reviews” team have compiled some things to consider when purchasing a volleyball.
Indoor / Outdoor use
You need to determine whether you need a volleyball for the indoors like for a gymnasium or any arena or you need one for outdoor games like the beach or school open playgrounds.
This is important because some volleyballs are not as versatile, there are some that are specifically designed for games inside an enclosed building, these balls are generally lighter and have a one or two color design.
This is because when playing inside there’s not much wind so the ball can be lighter and you don’t need multi-color volleyballs because there wouldn’t be any much visibility issues. Also, indoor balls are often made for competitive play or official games so they are configured differently.
Outdoor volleyballs are generally much heavier for it needs that extra weight as wind resistance. Also, they sometimes come in great designs and tri-colors for high visibility on an open court.
A famous outdoor volleyball is the beach volleyball. Beach volleyball has been a widely renowned game in itself and has a recognizable White, Blue and yellow color combination. Outdoor volleyballs are also designed to withstand all the elements that comes with it being played either on sand, rain, dirt and any other elements it will be exposed to.
Training or Pro?
It’s also important to know whether you are purchasing a volleyball for your kids, for your students, varsity team, or for official games or maybe it is just for fun.
Recreational balls come in really cheap but tears and wears out really quickly. These balls also sometimes won’t come in official colors and will come in graphic designs that can be fun.
There are special training volleyballs for beginners, both for adults and kids. Knowing what the trainees would need is key for their growth as players. These volleyballs are tweaked in terms of their size and weight in order to fit in the training regimen for either kids or adults that are going for more serious competitions.
And lastly, there are standardized balls for official games. These volleyballs are approved by volleyball’s leading organizations that determines the fairness and standardization of all volleyball games and materials. We are here with our molten volleyball reviews to show what is perfect for you and what not !
Also you can see our another article about what is an ace in volleyball.
Volleyball basic rules:
Here are some of the rules when playing the game:
- Six players on the floor at any time, there should be three in the front row and three in the back row. Libero is also an important part of this combination.
- Maximum of three hits per side, before having to get it over the opponent team (A block is not considered a hit).
- A player cannot hit the ball twice successively.
- Ball can be played off the net during a volley and a serve.
- A ball hitting the boundary line is considered in.
- Each set can only be won by exactly two points.
- 5 set matches are 4 sets race to 25 points and fifth set race to 15. First to 3 sets will win.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Volleyball was invented in 1985 by William G. Morgan, four years after the invention of basketball. Morgan was a graduate of the YMCA.
The FIVB or the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball is the world governing body for volleyball.
Charles “Karch” Kiraly is considered as the best volleyball player of all time. Only player to have won both indoor and beach volleyball world championships. Gilberto Amaury de Godoy Filho or Giba a volleyball player from Brazil is also known to be one of the best. Lang “Jenny” Ping or also known as the iron hammer is a Chinese volleyball player whose name is always on top of the all-time list.
China edges the USA in women’s division, while Brazil edges Poland in the men’s division.
The world championships is help every four years, with 24 teams and the recent champion is Poland. Russia has the most championship with 6 for men. While Serbia winning the most recent championship for women with still Russia on the lead for gold with 7.
Volleyball has about 1 billion fans all over the world and it currently ranks 6th in the list of the most popular sports in the world behind basketball, cricket and soccer.
Mikasa, Spalding, Wilson, Mizuno, Tachikara, and Nike and some of the world’s leading brands in volleyball manufacturing aside from Molten.
Last words on molten volleyball reviews
No matter the choice in brand for your sporting goods it’s important that constant practice be a part of one’s routine in order to excel. Not just in volleyball but with any sport. But knowing the right gears for you especially recognizing top brands like Molten would surely help you get to where you want to be.
We hope that our Molten volleyball review has helped shed some light into your questions and inquiries as to which type of ball you should go for. Whether it is for training or competitive volleyball games, knowing what you need goes a long way.
So have fun, and practice some more!
Don’t forget to check our mikasa mva200 volleyball review.